Wednesday 25 June 2008

Dave Rowland’s

Firstly I must say I was disappointed with the turnout at most venues. Mind you its your money I suppose.
Next year it may be worth playing on one night, one venue with several boards like in the past. Worth thinking about!

The last eight then:
No surprises at all!
Hit and miss got through at the Pear Tree Club, The chair had a tough battle but won at Libby’s.
Rock steadily sailed through at The Castle, Ginger Tom went through well at the Red Lion.
The Translator went through at The Prince, Doctor Secretary breezed through at The Swan of course.
Mini Mountain won at The Globe, yes the high flyer glided through at The Plough.

I have been to Corals and had me a bet for the winner, listed below are the odds I got::
G. Jellyman – 1/200
M. Hylton – Evans
S. Boulton – 2/1
W. Hall – 3/1
J. Brindley – 7/2
J. Baird – 4/1
M. Ward – 8/1
P. Mountford – 10/1

No comments: